Easy Piano Songs for Beginners
September 22, 2016 by admin 3 Comments
Learning and motivation goes hand in hand no matter what you are trying to learn. When it comes to piano, successful learning would only be possible if you stay motivated. A mistake that many piano learners make is that in their struggle of trying to learn difficult songs in the beginning; they face failure continuously. These erroneous learning and practicing strategy along with failure demotivates them and thus many of them quit piano early. As a beginner, you should be focused on learning right methods and basics of piano and then gradually move to learning to play easy piano songs. You can learn to play piano quickly with a correct posture and beginning with some popular and easy songs. These songs would not only be easier to learn but would sound beautiful as you play them on piano.
When you begin to play jazz, the tip is to begin with something that you would enjoy and is also relatively easier. In the process of learning to play jazz on piano, you will not be performing the role of a pianist but would also become a composer and arranger. Here are some tips to make playing jazz piano even simpler and fun for you:
- Go slow but in a pattern: Learn to play jazz at a pace that is slow and manageable. Play jazz in a swing manner that is playing all the notes of a scale unevenly but in a particular pattern such as long, short, long, short and so on.
- Improvise in a variety of ways: As you practice this genre, you must be able to improvise and transpose different melodies in different styles. Jazz will help you in developing a creative and challenging rhythmic skill.
- Practice scales and modes: Practice scales and different arpeggios that will help you improvise piano harmonies. Practicing scales and chords is an important aspect of learning jazz piano.
- Work on technicalities: You can find a number of different technical exercises to practice jazz music. Click the metronome down and hit high in order to get a feel of learning jazz. For example converting notes to eight swing. Hereby technically notes will be played with same speed but will be converted to eight swing. This practice would help you in developing timing and skill of playing jazz.
- Work on diversification: Endless variations can be made in melody and rhythm with piano and exploring those variations would make you practice jazz on piano well. As you work on diversification with jazz styles, you will not only be able to improvise your skill but would be able to >3. List easy jazz songs for beginners:
Here we are listing some of the easy piano songs belonging to jazz genre that are absolutely suitable for beginners. These pieces comprise of standard tunes and thus would be easier to follow for any novice jazz pianist.
Autumn Leaves: This song includes a beautiful melody with a steady rhythm in patterns. This classical jazz piece has II-V-I chord changes with G Major Key and E Minor Key. Following a 32-bar AABC form, try practicing this song in the way it is. You don’t have to be creative in the beginning. Just try playing along.